Firstly, I want to apologise for the long silence. Life in Chez Mistry as been a little befuddled recently. I can’t seem to settle on any one thing at any one time. Even my knitting is not really bringing me much joy. 😦
On a happy note, I have been awarded two blog awards from two lovely bloggers.
The first is from Absy’s Knitting and it’s the Kreativ Blog award. The rules are as follows:
List 7 things that you love and then pass the award on to 7 people…tagging them and letting them know they won! You can copy the picture of the award and put it on your sideboard letting the whole wide world know you are KReATIV!
Seven things I love:
1. The moment just before I’m fully awake, where my dreams are still lingering and I can just about grab them and hold them tight.
2. The sight and sound of Ollie playing the guitar and singing. He as a beautiful gift and I am very privileged that he shares it with me.
3. The moment where I can see the little shoots of new growth in the garden. I love the flowers that come up first, the snow-drops and crocuses.
4. Tulips. What can I say about them that that one word doesn’t say already?
5. Walking in the sand just as the sun starts to descend. I love the feel of the warm sand between my toes and the heat of the sand. I love the cold water slipping over my toes too.
6. Reading. I read voraciously. I love re-reading my favourite books and I’m still pleasantly surprised when I pick up a book again.
7. All my blog friends. I’ve made so many of them and it’s lovely to have such a huge network to share all my crafty ups and downs.. and some of my non-crafty ones too!
Now as you can see, I haven’t mentioned my family and friends or even knitting. I love all of those more than anything, but I’ve mentioned them before in other memes so I wanted to focus on some of the other things I love too. 🙂
The next award is from Suse-the-slow-knitta and it’s the Honest Scrap Award and the rules are:
1. Pick 7 or so blogs that make you happy
2. Let them know and post their names on your blog.
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
I’ll do the 10 honest things first:
1. I studied away from home not because I like to study, but because I wanted to gain some independence. I’m the eldest of 5, it was necessary!
2. I have never had pets until Flynn and Esmee. I had goldfish. 🙂
3. I love being pampered, but I won’t book myself anything that is considered pampering. Quite happy to have it gifted though. Hint, hint Ollie!
4. I love to sleep. I can sleep just about anywhere and any time. And I hate being woken up abruptly.
5. I ‘see’ myself completely different to what I actually see in the mirror. It’s bizarre, but only in a good way. Honest.
6. I am definitely attracted to personality and intelligence rather than looks. I have yet to meet a person that proved this trait otherwise.
7. I love plants but most definitely do not have a green thumb. Plants do not like me. Maybe I should try talking to them.
8. All my siblings are taller than me and I have the added ‘pleasure’ of knowing that my children will be taller too. Actually, I just know that anyone I meet is going to be taller. I have a crick in my neck from looking up so much.
9. I love food. My body knows this too and rebels by putting on pounds even when I haven’t even eaten what I’m drooling over.
10. I love the old cottage-y look, but can I achieve it? No. I am a clutterer. A hoarder. It’s a little hard to marry the two together.
Now with both these awards I’m supposed to pick other bloggers that I can pass them on to. But. Once again, I love ALL the blogs that I read, so therefore, if you read this post count yourself awarded!! 😀
Now, I bet you’re all thinking, has she actually done any knitting recently… well, yes I have, but it’s not loads. I finished these though!
Yarn:Jaeger Matchmaker Merino 4 ply in 0715 x 2
Pattern: Spring Forward Socks from Knitty.com
Needles: 2.5mm Harmony DPN’s (which M got me for Christmas!)
Modifications/Notes: I had two balls of the yarn, but the dyelots were different and you could actually see the difference, so I alternated the skeins for both socks and even though you can’t really see a difference, I’m glad that I did. Everything was done by the pattern though. I didn’t change anything.
I love these socks and I’ve decided to keep them for myself. Greedy, no?! 🙂
I’ll try not to leave it so long till the next post.