A couple of posts ago, Fiona tagged me to tell you five things about me that I’ve never ever mentioned before.
This is actually quite difficult, not because I talk too much and have told everyone everything about me, but because I’m really not all that interesting. I’m actually really quite boring!! 😀
So.. I’ll give this a go, but don’t promise anything.
Here are the rules:
Write 5 facts about yourself, tag 5 people, and link back to the person who tagged you.
1. I’m a homebody. I love staying in and curling up with a good book and a good wine and I can entertain myself. I love knitting in the evenings and I love DVD’s. Yet, I used to be a huge party animal. I loved going out and dancing, and as I drove everywhere, I was on soft drinks and water all night and I used to have a brilliant time. Quite a change I would say!
2. For the first time in months and months, I put on my heels this weekend as we went out for a lovely meal to celebrate my birthday. I used to wear them all the time and now find that I don’t need the height any more. I’m happy to wear flats and be petite. I love being being 5′. 🙂 My feet were very relieved to take them off once we got home!!
3. I’m a hoarder. I don’t do things by halves. If I have a passion, I will give everything to it. When I came back to knitting, I started out with the basics that I knew of. Acrylic and metal needles. But as soon as I found out that I could order on-line, buy more extravagant yarns, I jumped right in and built up a stash straight away. I have yet to get through that stash and I’m still adding to it. My current stash equals 68876.6 yards. That’s 39.something miles. This total doesn’t include all the yarn that I have either. It’s only the stuff that I have listed on Ravelry!
I’m the same with books. When I left Uni and started working, I found that I had enough income to start investing in books. So I did and it hasn’t stopped. I have hundreds and hundreds of books. It’s actually close to a thousand. How many of those have I read. Not even half. I’m getting there though.
Both of these are on a diet. No books and no yarn. That’s been the case since last year, but I’ve still found ways of adding to both. 😀 My new venture/addiction/obsession is spinning. Which means fibre. This could get really, really bad.
4. I claim to be a choc/desserts/indian sweets person, yet if you give me a choice, I will always have something savoury first. Enhances the sweet stuff flavour, I think! It also heightens the anticipation.
5. I love taking pictures. I love cameras and all the different options you have on them. I have a standard Canon SLR and a Digital Canon SLR. I love them both. On my standard, I prefer to take black and white pictures and generally only ever use black and white film. I’ve done my own film development and photo printing and aim to have my own black room once we buy a place. So for the moment my digital gets a lot more use, because I can see what I’ve taken straight away. I will take photos in both black and white and in colour and play a lot more. I have plenty of photos, some of which I want to blow up and put in my study, and some which I want to use for collages. I’ve been toying with setting up a photo blog, but we’ll see.
Five people need tagging. But I hate picking out just 5 people, so this is opened to anyone who wants to take it up. I am handing out the baton to anyone who reads this!! Have fun! 🙂
Also, for those still waiting, I have navajo plied the lovely coppery merino that I’ve had on the bobbin for a while. I shall skein it up and wash & whack it some time today and there should be piccies later on in the week. I still have plenty of this stuff to fill another couple of bobbins and ply that for a slightly thicker version.
Hemlock is currently blocking. It was fun pinning it out. 🙂 Piccies to come.