Some of you may remember that I finished the Annie Modesitt Silk Tank Corset
In actual fact, only the knitting part was finished. I still had to add buttons. Now I thought I’d found the exact ones that I wanted while out shopping with Kate, Diane and my sister, in London. I was so excited.
When the time came to actually sew them on to the corset, I found that they were too small. 😦
So the project has been languishing in the WIP’s basket until I could find some buttons that would suit it.
Just before Christmas, I received the Kangaroo newsletter and found that Sue had some new buttons in. The ones I ordered are Mother-of-Pearl and are absolutely gorgeous!
I spent today sewing them in place and then refitting the buttonholes, as they were slightly too big.
This is what the whole thing looks like on:
And the back:
The side views show my tummy, so there’ll be none of those posted!! 😀
Personally, I think it needs to be longer in the body. And I’ve found that having missed out the last two rows of the pattern (because I just couldn’t get them to work with the pattern that was in place), it’s not as pointy where it should be. Maybe blocking it would help. 🙂
Details in terms of yarn, pattern, needles etc are here.