Just wanted to say a few things, Rusted Root has bitten the dust. 😦
I found, when I put the sleeve stitches on spare yarn, that I had too many stitches on the needles.Â What I found I was doing was making an extra stitch after the lace panel.Â I read the instructions and re-read the instructions and thought I had them down and understood.
I despair at my reading ability, because the
second, no wait, third fourth time round of reading, it makes perfect sense.
I looked at Rusted Root and
threw it across the room in a complete fit of disgust pondered how I could fix this so that you couldn’t tell how far out I was from the pattern.Â There wasn’t a way to fudge it.Â The mistake was at such a point (lace panel) that there was no way of hiding it.
The good news is that I’ve started on it again straight away and even though I haven’t made up for days of work, I have completed the first 11 rounds and will eventually make my way back to my pre-frogging stage.Â If I haven’t lost the will to live before then.
Also, the yarns that I’m using on the current WIP’s are:
Rusted Root – Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora in Lilac
Annie Modesitt Silk Corset Tank – Alchemy Synchronicity in Pewter
Ollie’s Sailor Ribbed Socks from More SKS – Cygnet Wool Rich 4Ply in Denim
Right, I’m off to try and knit my way back to where I realised my mistake.Â If there’s another one, please, don’t tell me.Â I don’t want to know.