Not so neat….

I started the seems on the Raspberry Ripple last night and did up the sides using mattress stitch. Now, I think I’ve mentioned before that this is my very first time using mattress stitch.. and I was mega proud of myself. It was all lovely and neat. Yay! 😀

And then I tried attaching the sleeves to the sides and top… For those of you that have made garments before, I think you can see the flaw in this. I sat here and tried and tried to make the sleeves fit. They didn’t and wouldn’t. 😦

I was not happy.

Ollie convinced me to put it aside and come back to it later, so I did.

I looked at it this morning and unpicked the sides… both of them. And then in the car, on the way to visit Ollie’s parents, I did the shoulder seams….

Piccies here

The seams aren’t quite straight, but it looks ok.. I have to tackle the sleeves next. The dreaded sleeves. DREADED SLEEVES. I am seriously not looking forward to doing them…

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Not so neat….

  1. It’s looking great! I think most of the time any bits that don’t look quite right to you (meaning any knitter!) look perfect to everyone else!

    Looking forward to seeing it finished!

  2. Thank you!! 🙂 It’s always good to hear that it looks ok…

    All finished now and I can still see where the seams could’ve been better… ah well.. practice, practice, practice!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s